at Women Encouraging Empowerment
Adult ESL program is looking for teachers who can start in September 2019. You will need to be able to work Monday through Thursday teaching groups of 15-20 students.
Our students include low income women and men from community of Revere, Lynn, Chelsea, East Boston.. Successful applicants are native speakers or certified to teach ESL (TESOL, TEFL certificate, CELTA, DELTA), and experienced in teaching adult students in medium size classes. Teachers will need a firm grasp of English grammar. Knowledge of one more language is a plus.
Job responsibilities include:
- Preparing and organizing class content using assigned textbooks and supplemental materials according to the given Course Objectives to facilitate and guide student achievement of the given Student.
Learning Outcomes and Course Goals
- Teaching and assessing all Student Learning Outcomes during each curriculum cycle
- Establishing a comfortable, communicative classroom environment
- Delivering course content in a professional, dynamic, and helpful manner.
- Keeping records of student assignments and providing feedback for those completed
- Giving monthly assessments of student classwork
- Maintaining accurate attendance records
- Completing monthly student progress reports
- Performing other related duties as needed.
- Classes are taught completely in English.
Morning sessions are Tuesday and Thursday, 9:30 to 11:30.
Evening sessions are Mondays and Wednesdays, 6:00 to 8:00.
A total of 10 hours per week included 2 hours/ week preparation with the possibility of extra 2 hours for conversation class on Fridays(time TBD)
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: starting at $18/hour
- Teaching: 1 year (Required)
- ESL Certification (Required)
Please send your current resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Category : International Job Board