beo is an education agency operating three colleges in Tokyo, Osaka and Fukuoka. As an agency, beo supports students’ international educational endeavours, including short/long-term study abroad, undergraduate education, postgraduate education, etc., primarily in the U.K., U.S., and Australia. Physically attached to the agencies, the colleges are housed in stand-alone commercial premises in the centre of each city. beo offers the NCUK Pre-Masters Programme and International Foundation Year, as well as other English courses (test prep, conversation classes, proofreading, etc.) to adult learners who are highly motivated and have clear goals associated with their investment in our agency, college, and staff.
Our flagship programs have a robust English for Academic Purposes (EAP) component and we seek flexible, compassionate, energetic, and highly-qualified educators to provide engaging and thorough programmes for our learners and to play a meaningful part in updating our catalogue of offerings. Educators and lessons which are highly student-centred and collaborative are a must.
As part of the company’s continued growth, we are seeking an experienced English language teacher to join our small and committed team in Fukuoka, delivering weekend classes to a new intake of students eager to develop their English skills.
Paid an hourly competitive rate dependent on experience and qualifications.
The majority of our students are university students or older, occasional high school students. All teaching takes place on beo premises.
This is a part-time, fixed-term contract. Working hours are Saturdays, including a morning class (10:00 to 13:00) and an afternoon class (14:00 to 17:00). There is a strong possibility that this role will grow in the future.
- The following are mandatory in order to qualify to teach English
- English language teaching qualification, e.g. CELTA
- Two year’s full-time equivalent English teaching experience
- Experience of teaching test preparation, e.g. IELTS, TOEFL, etc.
- Master’s degree in any subject (Education, Linguistics, TESOL, highly preferred)
- DELTA or equivalent
- An understanding of UK/western higher education and the needs and requirements of international students
- Direct experience of further and higher education in an international context
- Experience of EAP, Pre-sessional courses, etc.
- Experience of IELTS examining
- Experience of the development of language teaching and/or academic programmes
- Experience of living and working in Japan
- Skills (Essential)
- Demonstrable cross-cultural awareness and understanding.
- A commitment to teamwork, to working flexibly and to seeking solutions to challenges (in and out of the classroom).
- A record of achievement in teaching.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills including native speaker fluency in English. Numerate and articulate.
- Competence in the effective use of Information and Communications Technologies (ICT).
- Proven planning and organisational skills and an ability to take initiative within curriculum and policy objectives.
- A record of attention to detail, thoroughness and fairness.
- The ability to prioritise, meet deadlines, work under pressure and, when necessary, with minimal resources.
- Working Style
- Outward looking and student sympathetic.
- A team player.
- Flexible with the ability to solve problems, to put in the time necessary to do the job, to take decisions and to accept responsibility.
- A willingness to learn, to improve personal teaching effectiveness and adapt.
- Practical with high integrity, honesty and ethical standards.
- Enthusiastic and committed, with stamina and a positive attitude.
- Contract Term: This is initially a part-time, fixed-term position providing four six-week courses, commencing from November 2019
- Application Close Date: Wednesday 9th October, 2019. Face to face Interviews will be conducted in Fukuoka, 15th October, 2019
- Category : International Job Board